Your business is on an upward trajectory! Congratulations! Now you’re considering what to invest next to continue seeing more growth. You know that content marketing is a powerful tool you’ve probably been using in the past, but you know it’s time to level up. So, you start looking for an agency to help you make it happen. Let’s dive in deeper so you can hire the right agency.
What is a content marketing agency?
A content marketing agency is a company that specializes in creating and distributing content (such as blog posts, reels, videos, static social media posts, etc.) to promote a brand or product. The goal of a content marketing agency is typically to drive engagement and sales by providing valuable information to potential customers rather than solely promoting the brand or product.
How much does it cost to work with a content marketing agency?
Costs can vary widely depending on the scope of services and the size of your business. On average, content marketing services can range from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars per month. An example of a cost breakdown for a content marketing agency can show how the number of services or action items can increase the cost, similarly with the volume of content or number of platforms services are needed for.
It’s best to have a budget in mind before reaching out to an agency. You can even ask if the agency can create a plan aligned to your budget. Don’t let price keep you from inquiring! You can learn more about ATB Social’s pricing on our Work With Us page.
What services do content marketing agencies typically offer?
As content marketing agencies specialize in creating and distributing content, they usually offer a wide range of services. Some agencies focus on only one specific service, but they can be experts in areas such as:
- Content Strategy Development
- Content Creation (such as blog posts, e-books, whitepapers, and infographics)
- SEO optimization
- Social Media Management
- Paid Social Media Marketing
- Email Campaign Creation
- Analytics and Reporting
At ATB Social, we specialize in content strategy, social media management, and content writing for blogs and emails. See some of our work here.
How do I know if I need to work with a content marketing agency?
There are a few situations when it may be beneficial to work with a content marketing agency:
- Lack of in-house expertise: If your company does not have a dedicated content marketing team or the necessary skills and experience to create and distribute content effectively, a content marketing agency can provide the expertise you need.
- Limited resources: Creating high-quality content can be time-consuming and resource-intensive. A content marketing agency can help alleviate this burden by taking on the responsibility of creating and distributing content for your company.
- Difficulty in generating leads: If your company struggles to generate leads or convert them into customers, a content marketing agency can help you identify the types of content that will be most effective in reaching and engaging your target audience.
- Increase in competition: If you feel your competitors are doing a better job with their content marketing and you want to stay visible to potential customers they are reaching.
- Lack of consistency in content creation: If your company’s content creation is inconsistent, working with a content marketing agency can ensure that your brand consistently produces high-quality content.
- Measuring results: A content marketing agency can help you track your content’s performance and use data to optimize your content strategy over time.
How do I choose the right content marketing agency for my business?
If you find yourself in need of a content marketing agency. A good place is start is with a company that is giving you valuable information to help solve the problem you have at hand.
Look for an agency with experience in your industry and can provide examples of successful campaigns they have executed for other clients. It is also essential to find an agency that understands your business goals and can develop a customized content strategy to help you achieve them.
A highly celebrated graphic designer at one company may have less favorability at another because of differences in brand/design aesthetic. Looking at past projects helps to ensure your content agency can represent your brand well visually. This means fewer endless revisions to get deliverables completed.
How can I ensure effective communication and collaboration with my company?
- Set clear goals and expectations from the beginning, and make sure to communicate them to your agency.
- Establish a regular schedule for check-ins and progress updates, and have a designated point of contact within your company to handle any issues or questions that may arise.
- Keep physical tabs on your end goals so the goalpost does not move each time you have a meeting.
How can I measure the success of my content marketing efforts?
Accountability is key, but key metrics track performance and success in marketing. There are several key metrics that a content marketing agency may track to measure the success of their campaigns:
- Traffic: The number of visitors to a website or page.
- Engagement: The level of engagement with a piece of content, such as likes, comments, shares, etc.
- Bounce rate: The percentage of visitors who leave a website or page after only viewing one page.
- Conversion rate: The percentage of visitors who take a desired action, such as filling out a form or making a purchase.
- Lead generation: The number of leads generated through a content marketing campaign, such as email signups or contact form submissions.
- ROI: The return on investment of a content marketing campaign, calculated by comparing the revenue generated by the campaign to the cost of the campaign.
- Brand awareness: The ability of the audience to recognize or recall your brand after the exposure to your content. This can be measured through surveys or interviews.
- Social Media Impact: The level of engagement and reach of your post on social media platforms.
- Search Engine Optimization: The ability of your content to rank high on search engine results. The keywords and the position of your website on search engine results can measure this.
These metrics can be used to determine the effectiveness of a content marketing strategy. It can be used to make adjustments to measure the ROI of your content marketing efforts’ ROI and improve future campaigns’ performance.
Is ATB Social the right content marketing agency for my business?
That’s a great question! ATB Social is an award-winning content marketing agency that specializes in creating consistent, purposeful, lead-generating content. We work with small to mid-size businesses to manage their social media, write blog and email content, and develop our content strategies. We prioritize three pillars when it comes to content creation – Systems. Sales. Social. Want to learn more about our team, services, and if we’re a right fit? Schedule a call with our team here.
Leave a Comment
sing in to post your comment or sign-up if you dont have any account.