Instagram is definitely a platform worth using if you’re tying to grow your business. But, just being on Instagram and posting isn’t a surefire way to get results. To get engagement on Instagram, you’ve got to focus on these crucial things: hashtags, content and interaction. Let’s break down each and talk about implementation.
If you’re not using hashtags on Instagram, it’s time to make a change. Hashtags are the best way to get your content out to new people on Insta. So, here are some ways to improve your hashtag strategy.
- Use 30 hashtags – You are allowed up to 30, so I suggest you use them all or close to. When you use a hashtag, your post appears on that hashtags discover page along with others using it. Each hashtag gives you another opportunity to reach someone else.
- Ensure hashtags are relevant – Always be sure the hashtags you use are relevant to your post or business. Hashtags I commonly use are #socialmedia #clevelandblogger #contentcreation.
- Change up your hashtags – It’s a good idea to use different hashtags every once in a while. This will increase your reach and open you up to more new people.
This is a big factor when it comes to Instagram. Instagram is very visual because it’s all about pictures! So, you have to account for this by having quality content on your page, but also engaging content. To learn more about creating a theme, head here. When thinking about content for Instagram, your brand and messaging will come into play. Create content that aligns with your message and brand.
For example, the forefront of my brand is content creation, pink and mostly myself. Instagram is definitely a lifestyle brand. So, I create content about my life. Share stories about what I like, what I’m doing, and how my business is going. This approach has always felt best for the platform and my brand. You can do the same or totally different!
Along with your brand and message, think about what your audience will want to see. The better your content resonates with your audience, the more likely they are to engage.
A major ingredient to Instagram engagement is interacting with others and their content. First and foremost, Instagram is a platform about engaging with other people. So, you must make that a priority in your Insta strategy. Here are the best ways to interact with other people.
- Comments on your posts – This is one of the easiest ways to interact. When someone comments on your post, always be sure to reply! This helps your engagement, but also lets you interact with those interested in your content.
- Comment on others posts – Commenting on other people’s posts is a great way to get them to your profile. People are going to be curious of other people liking, but definitely commenting. A great way to find new people is through hashtags. If you’re frequently using a certain one, head to the discover page and do some commenting!
- Engagement pods – If you’re looking for consistent engagement, you may want to consider an Instagram pod. A pod is a group of content creators who send each other content in order to recieve likes and comments from each other. It’s a great way to boost engagement rapidly, plus the more people engage means more people will see your post! Find others in your niche and create a group message to start!